Every human being is a unique ocean with unexplored depths that few will ever known, but over the years psychologists have developed a consensus about human nature and behavior that shows a clear pattern that applies to the general population.
We have decided to share these useful psychology tricks in hopes that they will help you in your daily dealings to be a more effective communicator with those around you.
1. To find out whether a person likes you or not, choose a word and every time they use this word or a similar phrase, nod, smile and give positive feedback. If they like you, they will begin to start using that word regularly over time.
2. Do you want people to believe you? Every time you share something with them, tell them that your father taught this to you. People tend to believe in wisdom of parents.
3. Become the master “Rock, paper, scissors” champion! If you wanna win the famous pass time there is a special trick you can employ. Just before you begin, ask your challenger a random question. Most of the time they will throw “scissors” out of confusion.
4. If you want people to agree with you, or believe that you believe them, just nod while you/they are talking. ‘The nod’ is a universal indication of honesty and truth.
5. Have you ever been in a crowded area and wished it weren’t so stuffy? In heavily crowded areas, simply look directly in front of you, in whichever way you are going. You will be quite shocked to notice the crowd literally give way to you more often than not. This trick is actually quite easy to explain: in very crowded areas we tend to navigate people’s direction based on where their eyes are focused.
6. Have you ever had a song stuck in your head but wanted to get rid of it? Try to focus of the end of the song. According to the Zeigarnik effect, the brain tends to recall the things that we’ve left unfinished. So if you conclude the song in your mind, and then start a song that you actually enjoy, you will be free from
Justin Bieber ummm, I mean that annoying song.
7. Want your children to eat their vegetables? Ask them if they wanna eat two or five stalks of broccoli instead of asking them outright if they want broccoli. This way you can give them the illusion of choice, much like the two party system in the United States!
8. If you get the eery feeling that someone is watching you, yawn in a convincing manner and then look around. If someone is spying on you, they will most likely yawn too, since it is highly contagious.
9. Need some help from your friend to carry your things? Engage them in a coversation and then hand them a box or whatever you need help with while staying fully engaged in the discussion. Most people won’t even realize you handed them a box. They will just carry it, no questions asked.
10. If you know you are gonna shake hands with someone, try to get your hands warm because they inspire positive associations of friendship, honesty, etc. While cold ones unfortunately do the opposite.
11. Want the person talking to you to get the feeling you are a great listener? Echo back what they say through paraphrasing. Don’t over do it, but just repeat important things they say back to them.
12. If you earnestly need someones help, start your plea with the phrase “I need your help…” People, by nature, hate feeling guilty, so they will help. Many like the feeling of helping others too.
13. If you believe someone doesn’t like you but want to bridge that gap, ask them if you can borrow their pen or pencil. Most people who do not like someone, will still pretend to be nice to them because of social etiquette. In other words, they will do it which will break the ice. Afterwards you can politely thank them and then the tension will be gone.
If you would like to go much deeper than this into understanding psychology, check out Methods of Persuasion, but please don’t use these powerful techniques for bad purposes.
|Click for reviews|
Are you tired of the same old propaganda from mainstream media outlets, and even many alternative media outlets? Are you more concerned with learning than being entertained? Check out our partners, A New Kind of Human, for a source of guidance, integrity, truth and empowerment.